01252 975000 info@aviatrixacc.com

  Paying Capital Gains Tax (CGT) 

You can pay your Capital Gains Tax when you file the return through the HMRC website, using the link above (When do I pay Capital Gains Tax?), or you can pay it through your Self Assessment account, after logging onto your personal Government Gateway account. You can also pay directly through your bank as per the bank details on the link here:-


One thing to note –  there is some confusion as to whether CGT should be paid in line with property CGT (within 30 days of completion) or along with your Self Assessment tax when you submit your Self Assessment tax return.

The rules on this and other taxes have been changed by the HMRC over recent years, and we would recommend erring on the side of caution and paying any CGT tax that falls due within the 30 days, even when some payments for disposals are deferred. In the unlikely event that the deferred payment is reduced or changed, you can amend your return and claim a refund at a later date. 

Please contact us if you have any questions on Capital Gains tax and any reliefs you think may be due.

Ella Doherty FCCA

Please get in touch and find out how Aviatrix Accountancy Limited can help.

 01252 975 000



Join our mailing list and receive your FREE GUIDE to the Spring Budget 2024. 

You have Successfully Subscribed!